Health and Safety Protocols & COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
Ensuring the health and safety of our attendees, speakers, and staff is of the highest priority for The Montgomery Summit 2022. These considerations are subject to change according the federal, state and local laws and regulations. We will be following the state of the art testing, vaccinations and safety protocol at the conference. Registration will require proof of vaccination. We will advise of additional protocols as we get closer to the date.
This plan explains the safety measures we will implement to address the risks posed by COVID-19. They are aligned with local government requirements, industry best practice and venue safety policy as regularly updated. Read on for an explanation of the full range COVID-19 safety measures which we will have in place.
Cleaning & Hygiene
- Enhanced Cleaning: We will undertake enhanced, deep cleaning before, during and after The Montgomery Summit, working with venue partners to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. This includes continuous sanitization throughout the course of the event, with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms and food & beverage areas.
- Personal Hygiene: We will provide additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space, encouraging all participants to regularly wash and disinfect their hands.
- Advanced Air Filtration: Molekule air purifiers will be used throughout all indoor meeting spaces during the Summit.
Physical Distancing and Outdoor Sessions
- Registration Process: We will make best use of technology and self service terminals to minimize queuing and contact during the registration process.
- Physical Contact: We may request that participants avoid physical contact, such as handshakes and embraces, promoting alternative ways to greet business partners.
- Outdoor Sessions: The Summit will be designed to allow for optimal usage of outdoor venue space for programmed sessions. Additionally, smaller group sessions will be made available throughout The Summit.
- Session Layout: We will take all physical distancing recommendations into account as we continue to design indoor seating layouts for The Montgomery Summit.
- Food and Beverage: Our team will work closely with venue partners to employ the highest standard of food safety, ensuring self-service is properly monitored and utensils are regularly changed.
Protect & Detect
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): In line with CDC guidance, the State of California and The Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows currently requires everyone to wear face coverings or masks. As such, we will be asking all delegates at The Montgomery Summit to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- Health screening: We currently require all Summit attendees to provide proof of full vaccination status prior to the Summit. We are evaluating the availability of PCR tests prior to admission to the Summit.
- Trace and contact: In the event of any positive test results, we will cooperate with the local health authorities in California to trace and contact participants, respecting privacy regulations.
By attending The Montgomery Summit, the attendee agrees to the following:
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE MONTGOMERY SUMMIT AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS, SPONSORS AND VENDORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SYMPTOMS, SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS AND LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF COVID-19, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY.
I understand that by agreeing to this release and waiver, I am giving up my legal right to sue certain parties. As a speaker, attendee, guest, volunteer or sponsor, I recognize that my participation, involvement, and/or attendance at any Montgomery Summit events or activities is voluntary and may result in personal injury. By signing below and by attending and participating at The Montgomery Summit 2022, I acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with my participation and/or attendance at the Activity. I agree that the Released Parties, will not be responsible for any personal injury property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of my participation in, attendance at, and/or observation of the Activity, regardless if any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties. BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY, I AM DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Assumption of Risk – I acknowledge and understand the following:
- If choosing to participate or attend the 2022 Summit, the possibility of exposure to and illness from COVID-19 and other illnesses can occur.
- The Montgomery Summit has placed rules and regulations to reduce the risk, however there is still a risk of contracting a serious illness such as COVID-19 and having long-term affects and/or complications.
- I knowingly and freely assume all risks related to illness and infectious disease that could occur by attending The Montgomery Summit, even if arising from negligence or fault of the Released Parties.
- I knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with attending The Montgomery Summit, including any injury, harm or loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of The Montgomery Summit, the Fairmont Hotel, and Summit vendors and partners.